Alumni will recall from their student days a number of long-serving staff members who have retired in recent times. Among farewell functions held have been gatherings for the following:
- Dr Rupert Tipples, latterly of the Department of Agricultural Management and Property, on 12 November 2014. Rupert started on the staff at Lincoln in 1977.
- Associate Professor Marlene Jaspers of the Department of Ecology, on 27 November 2014. Marlene joined the staff in 1985.
- Chrissy Gibson, Department of Ecology, on 4 December, after almost 14 years of service.
- Janette Busch, Department of Wine, Food and Molecular Biosciences, on 10 December, after 15 years on the staff.
Among departing senior staff who have served lesser periods of time are:
- Julia Innocente-Jones, Director International, Strategy and Marketing. Julia joined the staff in 2010.
- Professor Penny Carnaby, University Librarian, on 22 April. Penny joined the staff in 2011.