||Lincoln University Students Association (LUSA)
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
Who is hiring?
LUSA have been Students doing it for Students since 1919. LUSA have a board made up of elected students who drive the vision for the organisation, while representing student views. The LUSA staff put the vision into action and create the opportunities and experiences that Lincoln is known for.
LUSA's Student Engagement and Representation day-to-day tasks include coordinating the student representative system, and providing support and planning to the clubs network on campus. Alongside this you'll also work with elected student representatives to influence change within the University, on both academic and welfare fronts.
- Utilise and improve the Student Rep and Clubs and Societies networks to drive student engagement.
- Advise, train and brief Student and Elected Representatives in key areas, including basic advocacy, meeting procedures, and engaging with University proposals on Academic Programmes and Policy.
- Consult, gather, collate and report student feedback on any issues and assist the President with preparing submission documents, as required.
- Together with the President and the Elected Representatives, represent students on a number University facilitated meetings and working groups
- Draft and comment on policy when necessary.
- Plan and manage key engagement activities in conjunction with the President and LUSA staff, as required.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Clubs, ensuring you stay appraised of club activities.
- Manage enquiries regarding existing and/or new Clubs successful and sustainable operations.
What you will need?
To succeed in this role you will need;
- Experience motivating, supporting and recruiting volunteers preferably within a tertiary environment
- Previous exposure to a University environment and you will understand the importance of a strong student voice in tertiary education
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds
Clubs are the lifeblood of a vibrant campus life so you will be responsible for providing support and training to enable them to flourish. Above all you will be a relationship builder and comfortable supporting people to initiate change for the better.
What to do next?
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact either:
How to Apply / Contact
Click here to apply for this job
Note: You will be directed to an external website - Seek.co.nz. Please click 'Apply for this Job' on the right hand side to put your application through.