40 Years On - BAgrCom 1977 Reunion
We are pleased to confirm the Programme for your reunion and have attached the Registration Form for 21-23 April 2017.
Note:The reunion consists of BAgrCom students (both Farm Management and Agricultural Economics options) and spouses who graduated in 1977 or started in 1974 but did not necessarily complete, or anyone who associates themselves with this class.
Forty years ago - 1977 - as many of us were graduating from our Lincoln experience, New Zealand as a whole was experiencing a lot of new developments too. The Beehive at Parliament was officially opened; ‘Kiwi Keith’ Holyoake became Governor-General, the first former Prime Minister to be given this role; future Prime Minister David Lange entered Parliament as the new MP for Mangere; Bastion Point was occupied by Ngati Whatua activists; at Lincoln the Queen and Prince Philip visited the campus; and internationally Elvis Presley died, and the Tukidales disbanded!
We have had a very good response to our previous correspondence with over 30 people indicating they will come. If you are in contact with other classmates please remind them to follow up this correspondence and register ASAP but before 31 March 2017.
If you or your partner want to participate in parts of the weekend, there are options to register for particular events. We believe we have the makings of a great reunion and it will be good to see as many of our old class as possible attend, including staying at the Commodore Airport Hotel. The feedback from another recent reunion (BAgrSc & BHortSc 1967 reunion, 17-19 February 2017) with a similar programme is that they all thoroughly enjoyed their reunion weekend so please make your registration now and don’t just leave it till later. We will ensure that we have an interesting range of speakers at the dinners and Lincoln University.
Friday 21 April 2017
- 6.00pm – 8:00pm - Reception and Welcome at the Commodore Airport Hotel. Finger food meal provided and drinks at own expense.
Saturday 22 April - Lincoln University
- 9am - 4.30pm- Bus departs the Commodore Airport Hotel at 9am and heads to Lincoln University for morning tea, guided campus tour and presentation, class photographs, student 'clip the card' lunch at University Dining Hall, and farm tours or points of interest in Lincoln village and some local attractions. The Bus will return to the Commodore Airport Hotel at approx. 4:30pm.
- 6:30pm onwards – Formal Dinner at the Commodore Airport Hotel. Dress code: Smart casual.
Sunday 23 April 2017
- 9:00am – Christchurch Rebuild Tour departs from the Commodore Airport Hotel
- 11:00am - Bus departs the Commodore Airport Hotel for Tai Tapu
- 11:30am - Brunch at the Tai Tapu Hotel
Full Reunion Activities – 21-23 April 2017 including Saturday night dinner & Sunday activities: $250 per person
Included in this cost are all venue charges, finger food dinner on Friday night, all bus transfers, guided campus tour & presentation at Lincoln University, combined class photo (including postage), student ‘clip the card’ lunch in the University Dining Hall, farm tours or points of interest in Lincoln village and surrounding area, formal dinner at the Commodore Airport Hotel, Christchurch Rebuild Tour and brunch at Tai Tapu Hotel.
If you prefer to attend select events, the following prices apply:
- Friday night only (finger food): $35.00 per person
- Saturday night formal dinner only: $75 per person
- All Saturday reunion activities only (including dinner): $150 per person
- Christchurch Rebuild Tour: $30 per person
- Brunch at the Tai Tapu Hotel including bus: $45 per person
All registrations and payments must be returned by Friday 31 March 2017. For more information or register using the "Register" button above or download and return the Reunion Programme and Registration Form.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible as this will help to coordinate all the resources and catering.
If you have any photos from your time at Lincoln that you would like to share for a photo display at the reunion, please email them to email@example.com. The Alumni and Development Office will also happily scan them and then send them safely back to you.
MISSING CONTACT DETAILS LIST
We still have the following list of classmates with missing contact details, if you are able to help with locating any of these people please let the Alumni and Development Office know.
If you would like any further information or assistance with registering, please contact Penny Curran on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Alumni and Development Office on +64 3 423 0000.
We look forward to seeing you all in April.
On behalf of the Reunion Organising Committee,